KMITL-NIDA Double Degree Program in Financial Engineering is a combined Bachelor’s and Master’s degree program jointly offered by Faculty of Engineering, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, and School of Development Economics, National Institute of Development Administration. The program intends to train a new generation of financial engineers who have a strong foundation in the theories of economics and finance, mathematical methods for quantitative data analysis, and computer programming and technologies that are useful in finance, and are capable of integrating and utilizing all those knowledge and skills in order to solve complex financial problems faced by organizations in these days. The graduates are expected to be able to skillfully analyze huge amount financial data to support the planning of the firm’s investment strategies and the management of risks and be able to design financial tools, products, and innovations that meet the needs of the industry. The program also aims to train its students to be ready to work confidently in the international environment with integrity and professional ethics.
- From the very year until graduation, the students have opportunities to learn from the faculty members from the School of Development Economics, NIDA, who are experienced and have expertise in economics and finance and the faculty members with expertise in engineering and technologies from the Faculty of Engineering, KMITL.
- Classes are held at both KMITL and NIDA. Shuttle buses between KMITL and NIDA campuses are provided. Students can use all the facilities, such as libraries, sport facilities, the Internet) at both KMITL and NIDA for their entire study period in the program.
- Both KMITL and NIDA have extensive partnerships with industry and universities worldwide. This provides excellent opportunities for the students to undertake internships and study abroad.
- All teaching and learning activities in the program are held in English language.
- Work in financial institutes, such as banks, financial securities firms, or insurance companies, as a quantitative analyst (or a quant), fund manager, or financial risk manager
- Work as a financial advisor
- Work in the FinTech industry
- Fundamental courses:
- Mathematics : Linear Algebra, Calculus 1 & 2, Probability and Statistics 1 & 2, Discrete Mathematics, Numerical Methods, Introduction to Stochastic Processes
- Economics and finance: Introduction to Economics, Microeconomic Analysis, Macroeconomic Analysis, Introduction to Econometrics, Principles of Accounting, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Financial Management, Financial Markets and Institutions
- Computing : Computer Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Optimization Methods, Computer Networking and the Internet, Information Security, Information Systems and Databases, Introduction to Data Science, Machine Learning
- Major courses : Equity Analysis, Fixed Income Securities, Financial Derivatives and Risk Management, Portfolio Analysis and Management, Financial Econometrics, Financial Modeling, Financial Data Analytics, Financial Technology
- Elective courses : Behavioral Finance, International Finance, Market Microstructures, Game Theory, Computational Intelligence, Algorithmic Trading, Social Media Analytics, Big Data Analytics, Data Visualization, IT Architecture, Cybersecurity, Blockchains and Cryptocurrencies, etc.
- General education courses : Academic English 1 & 2, Technical Writing, Technical Communications and Presentation, Business Computing, Introduction to Logic, Ethics and Laws, Project Management, etc.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Graduate with B.Eng. in Financial Engineering|
|Graduate with M.S. in Financial Engineering|