KMITL-NIDA Financial Engineering program welcomes both Thai and international applicants. For 2021 Admissions, the program accepts new students through 2 admission channels:
In both channels, there are a number of application rounds. International applicants residing outside Thailand are recommended to apply through direct admissions. Please see below for the admission requirements and schedules for each round of each admission channel.
TCAS admissions are open to Thai and non-Thai nationals who graduated or about to graduate from schools in Thailand. Currently, TCAS Round 1 is open. There are many application tracks for applicants of the Financial Engineering program in TCAS Round 1. See below for the admissions requirements and schedule for each track.
- การรับแบบ Portfolio โครงการเรียนดี ช้างเผือก กลุ่มโรงเรียนสายสามัญ
- การรับแบบ Portfolio โครงการรางวัลและประกาศนียบัตรทางวิชาการ
- การรับแบบ Portfolio โครงการเพชรยอดมงกุฎ
- การรับแบบ Portfolio โครงการโรงเรียนวิทยาศาสตร์
- โควตานักเรียน มูลนิธิส่งเสริมโอลิมปิกวิชาการและพัฒนามาตรฐานวิทยาศาสตร์ศึกษา ในพระอุปถัมภ์สมเด็จพระเจ้าพี่นางเธอ เจ้าฟ้ากัลยาณิวัฒนา กรมหลวงนราธิวาสราชนครินทร์ (สอวน.)
Applications for TCAS Round 1 can be submitted on KMITL’s TCAS admissions website until 21 December 2020 at
Thai and non-Thai candidates residing in Thailand or abroad may apply for admissions directly with the Faculty of Engineering, KMITL. Selection of successful candidates through the direct admissions is based on the submitted academic records, standardized test scores, and an interview. There is no paper examination.
Note that, even though the direct admissions are done through the Faculty of Engineering directly, all accepted candidates who are Thai nationals are still required to confirm the acceptance of their admission offers on the national TCAS website during the period specified by the Council of University Presidents of Thailand (CUPT).
Please see the application procedure and criteria below.
1. Eligibility requirements
To be eligible for consideration, you must satisfy the requirements set out in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 below.
1.1 Educational qualifications
You must have obtained or be expected to obtain prior to the start of Academic Year 2021 an educational qualification equivalent to (or higher than) a high school diploma in Thailand. Please see https://bit.ly/2Eax5aL for the criteria for high school equivalency endorsed by the Council of University Presidents of Thailand.
1.2 General academic requirement
You are expected to demonstrate good academic competence. Specifically, you must be able to provide at least one of the following:
- SAT general test score of 1020 or higher
- GSAT score of 1020 or higher
- ACT composite score of 19 or higher
- IB Diploma score of 29 or higher
- Cumulative GPA in high school in the 75th percentile
- National higher education board exam or university entrance exam (such as A-Level, Gaokao, GAT/PAT) that the admission committee considers equivalent to one of the above qualifications
1.3 Subject specific requirement
You are expected to demonstrate an excellent level of knowledge and skills of mathematics. Specifically, you must be able to provide at least one of the following:
- SAT Math score of 600 or higher
- GSAT Math score of 600 or higher
- SAT subject test Mathematics Level 1 or Mathematics Level 2 score of 600 or higher
- ACT mathematics score of 23 or higher
- IB Diploma score for a mathematics subject with a score of 5 or higher
- AP test for a mathematics subject with a score of 4 or higher
- A-Level or AS-Level for a mathematics subject with grade B or higher
- PAT 1 (mathematics) score of 90 or higher
- Overall average of the grades for all mathematics subjects taken in high school at least 3 out 4 (or equivalent)
- Test score or qualification that the admission committee considers equivalent to one of the above
1.4 English language proficiency
You are expected to demonstrate excellent skills of English language for academic purposes. Specifically, you are expected to provide at least one of the following:
- TOEFL (iBT) score of 79 or higher
- TOEFL (ITP or paper-based test) score of 550 or higher
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher
- Cambridge English Exams (FCE/CAE/CPE) score of 170 or higher
- IB – English A1 or A2 score of 4 or higher
- IB – English B (HL) score of 5 or higher
- KMITL-TEP level B2 or higher
Note: The applicant who marginally fails the above requirement on English language proficiency may be admitted upon the condition that the applicant enrolls and passes English as a Second Language (ESL) courses offered by the Faculty of Engineering before or during the first year of study at KMITL. Additional fees may apply.
2. Application procedure and schedule
The application procedure and schedule are as shown in the following table.
|1) Application submission and application fee payment
||4 Jan 2021|
|2) Interview candidate notification
||11 Jan 2021|
||17 Jan 2021|
|4) Admission decision
||27 Jan 2021|
|5) Offer acceptance through TCAS Clearing-house (for Thai nationals only)
||22-23 Feb 2021|
|6) Enrollment confirmation and tuition fee payment
||4-9 Mar 2021|
|7) Start of Semester 1/2021
The following documents should be uploaded with your application.
- Photocopy of your national identification card or passport (only the page with your photo)
- Latest high school transcript
- Examination results – SAT, GSAT, ACT, IB etc.
- English proficiency test results – IELTS, TOEFL etc.
- (Optional) Certificate of excellence in academic performance issued by the Faculty of Engineering, KMITL
The following documents can either be uploaded with your application or be brought with you on the day of the interview.
- (Optional) Portfolio of your past activities and achievements. In case you have an online portfolio, no need to print it out – just include the URL link to your online portfolio on your application.
- (Optional) Two recommendation letters from your teachers or supervisors. Preferably in sealed envelopes.
3. Tuition fees
The tuition fee rate for the program is THB 120,000 per semester (THB 240,000 per year).
The Academic Excellence Scholarship for Freshmen is offered to selected applicants with excellent academic performance. Only the applicants who apply for admissions in the early round and the first round may apply for this scholarship. The applicant who wishes to be considered for this scholarship must indicate on their online application form that they would like to apply for this scholarship. The minimum requirements for applying for the scholarship are as follows:
- SAT general test composite score of at least 85 world percentile and
- TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper) or 213 (CBT) or 79 (iBT) or IELTS score of at least 6.0.
Due to the limited number of scholarship awards, the admissions committee reserves the rights to select the applicants with highest academic achievements to be awarded this scholarship.
For all enquiries regarding the admission and applications, please contact the Financial Engineering admission team by phone at 02-329-8397, 099-496-1526 or 081-751-4994 or by email at email@example.com. The applicant is advised to follow the announcements regarding the admission on the website http://www.reg.kmitl.ac.th/TCAS/.