KMITL-NIDA Double Degree Program in Financial Engineering is a combined Bachelor’s and Master’s degree program jointly offered by Faculty of Engineering, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, and School of Development Economics, National Institute of Development Administration. The program intends to train a new generation of financial engineers who have a strong foundation in the theories of economics and finance, mathematical methods for quantitative data analysis, and computer programming and technologies that are useful in finance, and are capable of integrating and utilizing all those knowledge and skills in order to solve complex financial problems faced by organizations in these days. The graduates are expected to be able to skillfully analyze huge amount financial data to support the planning of the firm’s investment strategies and the management of risks and be able to design financial tools, products, and innovations that meet the needs of the industry. The program also aims to train its students to be ready to work confidently in the international environment with integrity and professional ethics.
- From the very first year until graduation, the students have opportunities to learn from the faculty members from the School of Development Economics, NIDA, who are experienced and have expertise in economics and finance and the faculty members with expertise in engineering and technologies from the Faculty of Engineering, KMITL.
- Classes are held at both KMITL and NIDA. Shuttle buses between KMITL and NIDA campuses are provided. Students can use all the facilities, such as libraries, sport facilities, the Internet) at both KMITL and NIDA for their entire study period in the program.
- Both KMITL and NIDA have extensive partnerships with industry and universities worldwide. This provides excellent opportunities for the students to undertake internships and study abroad.
- All teaching and learning activities in the program are held in English language.
- Work in financial institutes, such as banks, financial securities firms, or insurance companies, as a quantitative analyst (or a quant), fund manager, or financial risk manager
- Work as a financial advisor
- Work in the FinTech industry
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Graduate with B.Eng. in Financial Engineering|
|Graduate with M.S. in Financial Engineering|
- Program fact sheets – Thai, English
- Program specifications