Direct Admission (2020 Direct Admission – Final Round)
Thai and non-Thai candidates may apply for admission directly with the Faculty of Engineering, KMITL. Selection of successful candidates through the direct admission is based on the submitted academic records, standardized test scores, and an interview. There is no paper examination. Please see the application procedure and criteria below.
1. Eligibility requirements
To be eligible for consideration, you must satisfy the requirements set out in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 below.
1.1 Educational qualifications
You must have obtained or be expected to obtain prior to the start of Academic Year 2020 an educational qualification equivalent to (or higher than) a high school diploma in Thailand. Please see https://goo.gl/iNS8Ks for the criteria for high school equivalency endorsed by the Council of University Presidents of Thailand.
1.2 General academic requirement
You are expected to demonstrate good academic competence. Specifically, you must be able to provide at least one of the following:
- SAT general test score of 1100 or higher
- GSAT score of 1100 or higher
- ACT composite score of 23 or higher
- IB Diploma score of 29 or higher
- Cumulative GPA in high school (5 semesters) in the 75th percentile
- Certificate of excellence in academic performance issued by the Faculty of Engineering, KMITL
- National higher education board exam or university entrance exam (such as A-Level, Gaokao, GAT/PAT) that the admission committee considers equivalent to one of the above qualifications
1.3 Subject specific requirement
You are expected to demonstrate an excellent level of knowledge and skills of mathematics. Specifically, you must be able to provide at least one of the following:
- SAT Math score of 600 or higher
- GSAT Math score of 600 or higher
- SAT subject test Mathematics Level 1 or Mathematics Level 2 score of 600 or higher
- ACT mathematics score of 23 or higher
- IB Diploma score for a mathematics subject with a score of 5 or higher
- AP test for a mathematics subject with a score of 4 or higher
- A-Level or AS-Level for a mathematics subject with grade B or higher
- PAT 1 (mathematics) score of 90 or higher
- Overall average of the grades for all mathematics subjects taken in high school at least 3 out 4 (or equivalent)
- Test score or qualification that the admission committee considers equivalent to one of the above
1.4 English language proficiency
You are expected to demonstrate excellent skills of English language for academic purposes. Specifically, you are expected to provide at least one of the following:
- TOEFL (iBT) score of 79 or higher
- TOEFL (ITP or paper-based test) score of 550 or higher
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher
- Cambridge English Exams (FCE/CAE/CPE) score of 170 or higher
- IB – English A1 or A2 score of 4 or higher
- IB – English B (HL) score of 5 or higher
Note: The applicant who marginally fails the above requirement on English language proficiency may be admitted upon the condition that the applicant enrolls and passes English as a Second Language (ESL) courses offered by the Faculty of Engineering before or during the first year of study at KMITL. Additional fees may apply.
2. Application procedure and schedule
The application procedure and schedule are as shown in the following table.
|1) Application submission and application fee payment
||Until 3 July 2020|
|2) Interview candidate notification
||13 July 2020|
||15 July 2020|
|4) Admission decision
||20 July 2020|
|5) Enrollment confirmation and tuition fee payment
||23-24 July 2020|
|6) Start of Semester 1/2020
||3 Aug 2020|
The following documents should be uploaded with your application.
- Photocopy of your national identification card or passport (only the page with your photo)
- Latest high school transcript
- Examination results – SAT, GSAT, ACT, IB etc.
- English proficiency test results – IELTS, TOEFL etc.
- (Optional) Certificate of excellence in academic performance issued by the Faculty of Engineering, KMITL
The following documents can either be uploaded with your application or be brought with you on the day of the interview.
- (Optional) Portfolio of your past activities and achievements. In case you have an online portfolio, no need to print it out – just include the URL link to your online portfolio on your application.
- (Optional) Two recommendation letters from your teachers or supervisors. Preferably in sealed envelopes.
3. Tuition fees
The tuition fee rate for the program is THB 120,000 per semester (THB 240,000 per year).
For all enquiries regarding the admission and applications, please contact the Financial Engineering admission team by phone at +66-2-329-8260 or +66-81-751-4994 or by email at email@example.com. The applicant is advised to follow the announcements regarding the admission on the website nida.kmitl.ac.th