KMITL-NIDA Financial Engineering program welcomes both Thai and international applicants. For 2022 Admissions, the program accepts new students through 2 admission channels:
International applicants residing outside Thailand are recommended to apply through direct admissions. In both channels, there are a number of application rounds. Please see below for the admission requirements and schedules for each round of each admission channel.
Thai and non-Thai candidates residing in Thailand or abroad may apply for admissions directly with the School of Engineering, KMITL. Selection of successful candidates through the direct admissions is based on the submitted academic records, standardized test scores, and an interview. There is no paper examination.
Note that, even though the direct admissions are carried out by the School of Engineering, all accepted candidates who are Thai nationals are still required to confirm the acceptance of their admission offers on the national TCAS website during the period specified by the Council of University Presidents of Thailand (CUPT).
1. Eligibility requirements
To be eligible for consideration, you must satisfy the requirements set out in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 below.
1.1 Educational qualifications
You must have obtained or be expected to obtain prior to the start of Academic Year 2022 an educational qualification equivalent to (or higher than) a high school diploma in Thailand. Please see https://www.mytcas.com/news/ged for the criteria for high school equivalency endorsed by the Council of University Presidents of Thailand.
1.2 General academic requirement
You are expected to demonstrate good academic competence. Specifically, you must be able to provide at least one of the following:
- SAT general test score of 1020 or higher
- GSAT score of 1020 or higher
- ACT composite score of 19 or higher
- IB Diploma score of 29 or higher
- Cumulative GPA in high school (at least 4 semesters) in the 75th percentile
- National higher education board exam or university entrance exam (such as A-Level, Gaokao, GAT/PAT) that the admission committee considers equivalent to one of the above qualifications
1.3 Subject specific requirement
You are expected to demonstrate an excellent level of knowledge and skills of mathematics. Specifically, you must be able to provide at least one of the following:
- SAT Math score of 600 or higher
- GSAT Math score of 600 or higher
- SAT subject test Mathematics Level 1 or Mathematics Level 2 score of 600 or higher
- ACT mathematics score of 23 or higher
- IB Diploma score for a mathematics subject with a score of 5 or higher
- AP test for a mathematics subject with a score of 4 or higher
- A-Level or AS-Level for a mathematics subject with grade B or higher
- PAT 1 (mathematics) score of 90 or higher
- Overall average of the grades for all mathematics subjects taken in high school at least 3 out 4 (or equivalent)
1.4 English language proficiency
You are expected to demonstrate excellent skills of English language for academic purposes. Specifically, you are expected to provide at least one of the following:
- TOEFL (iBT) score of 79 or higher
- TOEFL (ITP or paper-based test) score of 550 or higher
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher
- Cambridge English Exams (FCE/CAE/CPE) score of 170 or higher
- IB – English A1 or A2 score of 4 or higher
- IB – English B (HL) score of 5 or higher
- KMITL-TEP level B2 or higher
Note: The applicant who marginally fails the above requirement on English language proficiency may be admitted upon the condition that the applicant enrolls and passes English as a Second Language (ESL) courses offered by the Faculty of Engineering before or during the first year of study at KMITL. Additional fees may apply.
2. Application procedure and schedule
The application procedure and schedule are as shown in the following table.
|1) Application submission and application fee payment
||Until 31 Oct 2021|
|2) Interview candidate notification
||8 Nov 2021|
||13-14 Nov 2021|
|4) Admission decision
||22 Nov 2021|
|5) Offer acceptance through TCAS Clearing-house (for Thai nationals only)
||7-8 Feb 2022|
|6) Enrollment confirmation and tuition fee payment
||17-23 Feb 2022|
|7) Start of Semester 1/2022
The following documents should be submitted with your application.
- Photocopy of your national identification card or passport (only the page with your photo)
- Latest high school transcript
- Examination results – SAT, GSAT, ACT, IB etc.
- English proficiency test results – IELTS, TOEFL etc.
- Personal statement (no more than 650 words) explaining your reason to join the program and your career plan
The following documents can either be submitted with your application or be brought with you on the day of the interview.
- (Optional) Portfolio of your past activities and achievements. In case you have an online portfolio, no need to print it out – just include the URL link to your online portfolio on your application.
- (Optional) Two recommendation letters from your teachers or supervisors
Supporting documents should be emailed to SIIE after the applicant has submitted and paid for their application. The documents should be collected into a single PDF file and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the file name “Program_Name_Application_ID_First_Name_Last_Name”, for example, Financial_Engineering_12345_John_Doe.
Details of 2022 TCAS admissions are to be announced shortly. Stay tuned!
The tuition fees payable in each regular semester is as shown in the following table. Note that each academic year consists of two regular semesters (Semester 1 and Semester 2) and the summer semester. There is no fee in the summer semester unless extra courses are taken in the summer semester.
|Tuition Fee||Supplemental Fee||Total|
|Years 1-4||72,000 THB/Semester||48,000 THB/Semester||120,000 THB/Semester
(= 240,000 THB/Year)
|Year 5||48,000 THB/Semester||72,000 THB/Semester||120,000 THB/Semester
(= 240,000 THB/Year)
The Academic Excellence Scholarship for Freshmen is offered to selected applicants with excellent academic performance. Only the applicants who apply in the early round and the first round of the direct admissions may apply for this scholarship. The applicant who wishes to be considered for this scholarship must indicate on their online application form that they would like to apply for this scholarship. The minimum requirements for applying for the scholarship are as follows:
- SAT general test composite score of at least 85 world percentile and
- TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper) or 79 (iBT) or IELTS score of at least 6.0.
Due to the limited number of scholarship awards, the admissions committee reserves the rights to select the applicants with highest academic achievements to be awarded this scholarship.
For all enquiries regarding the admission and applications, please contact the Financial Engineering admission team by phone at 02-329-8397, 098-339-9003 or by email at email@example.com. The applicant is advised to follow the announcements regarding the admission on the website https://new.reg.kmitl.ac.th/admission/.