KMITL-NIDA Financial Engineering program welcomes both Thai and international applicants. For 2023 Admissions, the program accepts new students through 2 admission channels:
International applicants residing outside Thailand are recommended to apply through direct admissions. In both channels, there are a number of application rounds. Please see below for the admission requirements and schedules for each round of each admission channel.
Note: The information provided on this page is only valid and applicable in the indicated round and year of admissions. The information on admissions and fees, including admissions requirements, application process, tuition fees and other fees, and scholarships, for 2024 admissions (or later) is subject to change.
Thai and non-Thai candidates residing in Thailand or abroad may apply for admissions directly with the School of Engineering, KMITL. Selection of successful candidates through the direct admissions is based on the submitted academic records, standardized test scores, and an interview. There is no paper examination.
For more details on Direct Admissions, see the official announcements at
- Official Announcement of 2023 Direct Admissions (1st Round) for Thai applicants
- Official Announcement of 2023 Direct Admissions (1st Round) for non-Thai applicants
Note that, even though the direct admissions are carried out by the School of Engineering, all accepted candidates who are Thai nationals are still required to confirm the acceptance of their admission offers on the national TCAS website during the period specified by the Council of University Presidents of Thailand (CUPT).
1. Eligibility requirements
To be eligible for consideration, you must satisfy the requirements set out in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 below.
1.1 Educational qualifications
You must have obtained or be expected to obtain prior to the start of Academic Year 2023 an educational qualification equivalent to (or higher than) a high school diploma in Thailand. Please see https://hsces.atc.chula.ac.th/ for the criteria for high school equivalency endorsed by the Council of University Presidents of Thailand.
1.2 General academic requirement
You are expected to demonstrate good academic competence. Specifically, you should submit at least one of the following test results/qualifications with a score or level that meets the minimum requirement specified below:
- SAT general test score of 1020 or higher
- GSAT score of 1020 or higher
- ACT composite score of 19 or higher
- IB Diploma score of 29 or higher
- Official school letter certifying the applicant’s cumulative GPA at high school level (covering at least 5 semesters) in the 75th percentile
- National higher education board exam or university entrance exam (such as A-Level, Gaokao, GAT/PAT) that the admission committee considers equivalent to one of the above qualifications
- Official certificate of academic excellence issued by the School of Engineering, KMITL
1.3 Subject specific requirement
You are expected to demonstrate an excellent level of knowledge and skills of mathematics. Specifically, you are required to submit at least one of the following test results with a score or level that meets the minimum requirement specified below:
- SAT Math score of 600 or higher
- GSAT Math score of 600 or higher
- SAT subject test Mathematics Level 1 or Mathematics Level 2 score of 600 or higher
- ACT mathematics score of 23 or higher
- IB Diploma score for a mathematics subject with a score of 5 or higher
- College Board AP exam for a mathematics subject with a score of 4 or higher
- GCE A-Level or AS-Level for a mathematics subject with grade B or higher
- PAT 1 (mathematics) score of 90 or higher
- Overall average of the grades for all mathematics subjects taken in high school (at least 5 semesters) no less than 3.0 out 4.0 (or equivalent)
1.4 English language proficiency
You are expected to demonstrate excellent skills of English language for academic purposes. Specifically, you should submit at least one of the following test results with a score or level that meets the minimum requirement specified below:
- TOEFL (iBT) score of 79 or higher
- TOEFL (ITP or paper-based test) score of 550 or higher
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher
- Cambridge English Exams (FCE/CAE/CPE) score of 170 or higher
- IB – English A1 or A2 score of 4 or higher
- IB – English B (HL) score of 5 or higher
- KMITL-TEP level B2 or higher
Note: The applicant who does not meet the requirement on English language proficiency stated above may be admitted upon the condition that they enroll and pass the English as a Second Language (ESL) courses offered by the School of Engineering before or during the first year of study at KMITL. Additional fees for such courses may apply.
2. Application procedure and schedule
The application procedure and schedule are as shown in the following table.
|1) Application submission and application fee payment
||Until 23 Dec 2022|
|2) Interview candidate notification
||10 Jan 2023|
||15 Jan 2023|
|4) Admission decision
||27 Jan 2023|
|5) Offer acceptance through TCAS Clearing-house (for Thai nationals only)
||7-8 Feb 2023|
|6) Enrollment confirmation and tuition fee payment
||17-23 Feb 2023|
The following documents should be submitted with your application.
- Photocopy of your national identification card or passport (only the page with your photo)
- Latest high school transcript (in Thai or English language)
- Examination results – SAT, GSAT, ACT, IB, etc.
- English proficiency test results – IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Personal statement (written in English with no more than 650 words) explaining your reason to join the program and your career plan
The following documents can either be submitted with your application or be brought with you on the day of the interview.
- (Optional) Portfolio of your past activities and achievements. In case you have an online portfolio, no need to print it out – just include the URL link to your online portfolio on your application.
- (Optional) Two recommendation letters from your teachers or supervisors
All supporting documents should be combined into a single PDF file with the filename “Program_Name_Application_ID_First_Name_Last_Name”, for example, Financial_Engineering_12345_John_Doe, and then uploaded into the online application system either before or after the application has been submitted but no later than the last day of the application period.
Admissions through TCAS Round 2/2023 and 3/2023 are opening soon. Stay tuned for announcements.
Tuition Fees and Scholarships
For all enquiries regarding the admission and applications, please contact the Financial Engineering admission team by phone at 02-329-8397, 098-339-9003 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant is advised to follow the announcements regarding the admission on the website https://new.reg.kmitl.ac.th/admission/.