KMITL-NIDA Financial Engineering program welcomes both Thai and international applicants. For 2024 Admissions, the program accepts new students through 2 admission channels:
Please be noted that these two admissions channels comprise of several application rounds. Each round in each channel has its own application schedule and may differ in the application procedure, requirements, and selection criteria. Thai applicants may apply through one of these two channels. International applicants residing outside Thailand are recommended to apply through Direct Admissions. See below for the admission requirements and schedules for each round of each admission channel.
Note: The information provided on this page is only valid and applicable in the indicated round and year of admissions. The information on admissions and fees, including admissions requirements, application process, tuition fees and other fees, and scholarships, for 2025 admissions (or later) is subject to change.
Thai and non-Thai candidates residing in Thailand or abroad may apply for admissions directly with the School of Engineering, KMITL. Selection of successful candidates through the direct admissions is based on the submitted academic records, standardized test scores, and an interview. There is no paper examination.
For more details on Direct Admissions, see the official announcements at
- Official Announcement of 2024 Direct Admissions (Early Round) for Thai applicants
- Official Announcement of 2024 Direct Admissions (Early Round) for non-Thai applicants
Note that, even though the direct admissions are carried out by the School of Engineering, all accepted candidates who are Thai nationals are still required to confirm the acceptance of their admission offers on the national TCAS website during the period specified by the Council of University Presidents of Thailand (CUPT).
1. Eligibility requirements
To be eligible for consideration, you must satisfy the requirements set out in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 below.
1.1 Educational qualifications
You must have obtained or be expected to obtain prior to the start of Academic Year 2024 an educational qualification equivalent to (or higher than) a high school diploma in Thailand. Please see https://hsces.atc.chula.ac.th/ for the criteria for high school equivalency endorsed by the Council of University Presidents of Thailand.
1.2 General academic requirement
You are expected to demonstrate good academic competence. Specifically, you should submit at least one of the following test results/qualifications with a score or level that meets the minimum requirement specified below:
- SAT general test score of 1020 or higher
- GSAT score of 1020 or higher
- ACT composite score of 19 or higher
- IB Diploma score of 29 or higher
- Official school letter certifying the applicant’s cumulative GPA at high school level (covering at least 4 semesters) in the 75th percentile
- National higher education board exam or university entrance exam (such as A-Level, Gaokao, GAT/PAT) that the admission committee considers equivalent to one of the above qualifications
- Official certificate of academic excellence issued by the School of Engineering, KMITL
1.3 Subject specific requirement
You are expected to demonstrate an excellent level of knowledge and skills of mathematics. Specifically, you are required to submit at least one of the following test results with a score or level that meets the minimum requirement specified below:
- SAT Math score of 600 or higher
- GSAT Math score of 600 or higher
- SAT subject test Mathematics Level 1 or Mathematics Level 2 score of 600 or higher
- ACT mathematics score of 23 or higher
- IB Diploma score for a mathematics subject with a score of 5 or higher
- College Board AP exam for a mathematics subject with a score of 4 or higher
- GCE A-Level or AS-Level for a mathematics subject with grade B or higher
- TCAS A-Level Math 1 with a score of 30 or higher
- Overall average of the grades for all mathematics subjects taken in high school no less than 3.0 out 4.0 (or equivalent)
1.4 English language proficiency
You are expected to demonstrate excellent skills of English language for academic purposes. Specifically, you should submit at least one of the following test results with a score or level that meets the minimum requirement specified below:
- TOEFL (iBT) score of 79 or higher
- TOEFL (ITP or paper-based test) score of 550 or higher
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher
- Cambridge English Exams (FCE/CAE/CPE) score of 170 or higher
- IB – English A1 or A2 score of 4 or higher
- IB – English B (HL) score of 5 or higher
- KMITL-TEP level B2 or higher
Note: Test scores to be considered must not be older than 2 years on the day of the application deadline. The applicant who does not meet the requirement on English language proficiency stated above may be admitted upon the condition that they enroll and pass the English as a Second Language (ESL) courses offered by the School of Engineering before or during the first year of study at KMITL. Additional fees for such courses may apply.
2. Application procedure and schedule
The application procedure and schedule are as shown in the following table.
|1) Application submission and application fee payment
|2) Interview candidate notification
|3 Nov 2023
|12 Nov 2023
|4) Admission decision
|24 Nov 2023
|5) Offer acceptance through TCAS Clearing House (for Thai nationals only)
|6-7 Feb 2024
|6) Enrollment confirmation and tuition fee payment
|19-26 Feb 2024
The following documents should be submitted with your application.
- Photocopy of your national identification card or passport (only the page with your photo)
- Latest high school transcript (in Thai or English language)
- Examination results – SAT, GSAT, ACT, IB, etc.
- English proficiency test results – IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Personal statement (written in English with no more than 500 words) explaining your reason to join the program, related experiences and activities, and your career plan
The following documents can either be submitted with your application or be brought with you on the day of the interview.
- (Optional) Portfolio of your past activities and achievements. In case you have an online portfolio, no need to print it out – just include the URL link to your online portfolio on your application.
- (Optional) Two recommendation letters from your teachers or supervisors
All supporting documents should be combined into a single PDF file with the filename “Program_Name_Application_ID_First_Name_Last_Name”, for example, Financial_Engineering_12345_Warren_Buffett, and then uploaded into the online application system either before or after the application has been submitted but no later than the last day of the application period.
TCAS Round 1/2024 is now open until 20 December 2023. TCAS admissions have a different application procedure, requirements, and schedule from those of the Direct Admissions given above. Applicants should carefully study the TCAS Round 1/2024 admissions announcement for how to apply.
Tuition Fees and Scholarships
- Tuition fees
- Scholarships (to be announced soon)
For all enquiries regarding the admission and applications, please contact the Financial Engineering admission team by phone at 02-329-8397, 098-339-9003 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant is advised to follow the announcements regarding the admission on the website https://new.reg.kmitl.ac.th/admission/.